A new lease on life...

Spring is in the air...finally



So my house is totally torn apart, this seems to be a recurring event in my home. Every spring, as society requests, I feel the need to remove all of the items in my house I haven't used in the past year. Now--for a normal person this may be an easy task, however I own fabric--for those of you who do not, you do not know the attachment that comes from the different pieces of art. I have just resigned myself to accepting that I can not give them away, it is selfishness in 
truest form. So immediately this puts a dent in my "clearing" situation.

Next I decide to sort through my magazines, indexing each one I like by ripping it from the magazine and filing it away in a binder. Now ripped up magazine shreds are all over my living room floor. 

Now I go on to pulling every item I own out of a shelf, drawer, or nook and cranny and place these items into categorized piles. So there is literally no hope for my house looking like a home...more like a sick treasure
trove of useless stuff, tons of clothes and every unfinished hobby ever thought of. 

What I am trying to get to is that Spring cleaning is a terrible idea, we should all make a list and have a non-biased party come in, read the list of things we wish to keep and promptly remove the rest.  My house has crap everywhere--with trails leading from room to room, and my inspiration for cleaning has abruptly left. I now choose to lay on my sofa and eat bon-bons while watching LMN movies....

Maybe I'll watch Martha Stewart tomorrow and hope she can inspire me to finish before the weekend.

Any non-biased party interested in starting a bon-fire and throwing my stuff in it?

1 comment:

The Cole's said...

Hey. . . I know the feeling of "spring cleaning". It isn't much fun but it's definetly worth it! I have slowly been getting rid of things but it's so hard! I had 7 or 8 totes of baby clothes that I finally just gave away. It was hard to let go of something so sentimental! Anyway, good luck. If I lived closer I'd help you start a bon fire!!
~*~Merilee~*~

ps. isn't it ironic that we both entered the "blogging world" at the same time. I finally started blogging on my myspace page last night.