A new lease on life...

activly listening


Gone away are the golden days
Just a page in my diary
So here I am, a Utopian citizen
Still convinced there's no such thing as idealism
Memories they're following me like a shadow now
And I'm dreaming
And I've already suffered the fever of disbelief


this is the beginning of a song by Kate Voegele by the name of  "wish you were"...Anyone who knows me well knows that I take songs and what they truly mean seriously, especially when I can relate to it, or if it takes me back to another time. This song depicts kind of where I've been, and I've been working through a lot of stuff lately, and feel as though I am making some form of progress.

I did something so out of character for me, I allowed myself to open up to new people, I chose to be confident instead of insecure (with the help of Abby of course.....moral support). I've been so low for so long and now, I'm feeling this sense of freedom come over me that is so greatly appreciated despite it slapping me across the face.

I've made a lot of mistakes, hurt and been hurt, but at the end of the day, I wouldn't change a thing, I'm enjoying being me right now....



1 comment:

The Cole's said...

Hey girl- I've been thinking a lot of you lately. I can only imagine what you've gone through. You're strong! If you need to talk give me a call! Hang in there.

Merilee